1/7/2019 10:56:01 AM
• Go to a movie, take a spa day or do other activities you normally enjoy.
• Get out in the sunlight or brightly lit spaces, especially early in the day.
• Spend time with positive people. Avoid Negative Nellie and all her friends.
• Read those books you’ve been meaning to read. Remember, reading gives us a place to go when we have to stay where we are.
• Eat nutritious foods, and avoid overloading on carbohydrates like cookies and candies.
• Consider a vitamin D supplement. Since we get most of our vitamin D from the sun, it might make sense to take a supplement. (Be sure to check with your physician).
• Be patient. You won’t suddenly “snap out of” depression. Your mood will improve gradually.